Becoming a member of the VAGTC will provide you or your organisation with a range of benefits.
- * Receive our twice-yearly journal, VISION, which is a useful resource on all aspects of giftedness and talent. Research-based articles are sought from experts in the field of gifted education.
- * Receive the latest edition of the VAGTC Resource Book - a tome of information, programs, competitions and online resources to support and enhance the education and development of students - at home and at school.
- * Receive automatic membership to the national advocate, the Australian Association for the Education of the Gifted and Talented (AAEGT). The AAEGT membership provides member discounts to AAEGT-run events, a discount to their journal and voting rights in AAEGT elections. VAGTC members can subscribe to the twice-yearly peer-reviewed journal via a separate Purchase Order. For more information on the AAEGT's activities, follow them on Twitter and Facebook.
- * Be entitled to discounts on a range of VAGTC events including the twilight seminars, biennial conferences and other functions we run.
- * Be provided with a username and password for access to the member-only section of our website. This section contains research articles, resources and conference papers produced by or for the VAGTC.
- * Receive priority notification about upcoming VAGTC events and products.
Levels of Membership
Individual / Family $55.00
School / Institution $95.00
GST will be added to all memberships. Memberships run for a duration of 12 months from the time of payment.
The 2016 VAGTC Resource Book is included and delivered to the supplied 'Individual/Family' and 'School/Institution' membership address within the cost of this membership.
International memberships will incur an additional fees for shipping and handling.
Student memberships require a proof of student enrolment (e.g. student card or receipt of enrolment fees)
A reduced subscription rate is offered to VAGTC members for a twice-yearly publication to the Australasian Journal of Gifted Education.
Subscription forms can be downloaded here and sent through to the VAGTC as a separate request:
All types of memberships are payable only in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
Membership fees, once paid and processed, are not normally refundable.
School or Institution memberships will not be transferred to a different school if a staff member seeks employment at another institution. The membership remains with the school shown on the Membership Application Form.
The VAGTC recognizes the following individuals and organizations' contributions to the field of gifted education, and most especially, their loyal commitment to supporting the values and the work of the VAGTC.